1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Android Beam

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrobinson317, May 17, 2016.

1. jrobinson317

jrobinson317 Newbie
    None

May 17, 2010
    Technology (software development, application supp
    I finally bit the bullet and installed the recent update to the S6. I still hate "upgrades" with all the changes made that are not well documented.
    One thing that disappeared is S-Beam. I used that frequently to share photos and videos between my S4 and my other half's S6.
    Now I must use Android Beam - not so different. Except for the way it saves the photos.
    S-Beam automatically saved the photos to a Gallery Album called SBeamDownloads. I could move them to any other folder in the Gallery with a few taps and a drag.
    Now it looks like all files of any type are saved to the Downloads folder. From there I have to use a file manager app to move the photos, videos, etc.
    For me, not so bad, but for my other half, not so easy.

Is there any reasonable replacement app for S-Beam that would save photos directly to the Gallery. Or an app that is configurable to save beamed files to different folders?

Anything would be an improvement on the "all into one" approach.

Thank you,

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I think S Beam is Samsung proprietary, and only for Samsung devices, hence the "S" for Samsung. While Android Beam is Google and AOSP, and should work on any device that has it.

3. jrobinson317

jrobinson317 Newbie
    None

May 17, 2010
    Technology (software development, application supp
    MikeDT, thank you for your reply. I don't have a problem with it working - works just like S-Beam to copy photos.
    My problem is that there's no control over where it saves the photo. I was looking to see if someone has some experience with an app or something that would let ME determine where the photos are saved.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.