1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android beam

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigbear6708, Aug 16, 2012.

1. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Android Enthusiast

So I tried to use beam with a friend's nexus 7 and all that would transmit was my secondary launcher. Not until I went to stock launcher could I receive anything from him. Is there away around this and to let my phone receive with the apex launcher open?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7. Both are running Nova launcher and both transmit and receive over Android Beam just fine. Not sure why you would have trouble just because you use Apex. Might want to give it a few more shots. It's kind of finnicky until you get the hang of it.

bigbear6708 likes this.
  3. bigbear6708

Yea...weird problem. When I would beam, it would only shoot the pay store link to apex. And I could not receive anything from the other device...but I am a newbie so I'll try again later

4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

Oh, I see what you are saying now. Whatever you beam, you have to have pulled up when you touch the phone/tablet together. Apex could possibly have a bug in it to where it beams itself instead of what is pulled up. I'm not sure as I haven't tried it with Apex. I know Nova doesn't have that problem though.

5. bigbear6708

yeah..that and the phone won't go into receive mode because it wants to send apex! I'll try nova

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews