• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android Bluetooth LE connection to heart rate monitor

dagrab

Lurker
Oct 12, 2014
Hello
Has anyone expierence with the Zephyr HXM2 with Bluetooth smart? I have a few example programs, but they are pretty hard to understand. I am currently working on an program, which should display the heart rate, received form a chest strap (Zephyr HXM2) by Bluetooth LE. I managed to get a connection and to read characteristics like the serial number string. But where I do have problems, is in getting the heart rate measurement (UUID = 0x2A37).

So what my program actually does is:

enabling the notification of the descriptor (UUID =00002902-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
descriptor.setValue(BluetoothGattDescriptor.ENABLE_NOTIFICATION_VALUE); mBluetoothGatt.writeDescriptor(descriptor);
then I wait for the onCharacteristicChanged Method and do the getvalue function.
BluetoothGattCharacteristic.getValue()

First thing I don't know if this is the right way, secondly I get data, but it varies from 2,4 and 6 bytes. Don't know what to do with them.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones