• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android box Rikomagic MK68 - my thoughts

batboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2013
I see that many people is interested in Android boxes lately, so because of that I want to share my thoughts of Rikomagic MK68 which is newest media player from this company. For me this device is good choice because it is not too expensive and at the same time it offers good hardware and very good software optimization.

TXHTjiz.jpg

The Rikomagic MK68 is based on 64-bit SoC Octa-core CPU RK3368 with the maximum speed 1.5 GHz. It has also 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal memory, if you need more space than you can upgrade it with memory card maximum 32 GB where the GPU is PowerVR G6110. As you can see it has enough strong hardware for any activity.

Many people bought or is interesting in these kind of devices mostly because of KODI. Because these application offers many useful features for watching movies. I've watched several movies in HD and some in SD quality and I can freely say that everything worked perfectly normal. Talking about software or to be precise OS, the Rikomagic MK68 comes with Android 5.1.1 which does not have any unwanted software. So this is good because you don't need to spend your time for deleting trash.

sudNNZk.png

15ONHCz.jpg

0QcGJ8C.jpg

It has 3 x USB ports where the one USB port is for OTG function, but it has also 1 x HDMI port, 1 x optical output, 1 x microSD and 1 x LAN port. LAN supports 10/100/1000M connectivity where the WIFI supports 2.4GHz / 5GHz dual band. So you can see that you have two available choices in which you can choose how you will connect your box to your home network.

mvxNt4o.jpg

Until now I did not find any problems during use so I am very satisfied with this Android box, for more information you can visit their official website. Also for benchmark test, pictures you can go to the site: Rikomagic MK68

Reactions: glc

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones