• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android browser.. cannot save web links to homescreen since update

jo69

Android Enthusiast
May 29, 2013
I have Nexus 4 and 7. When using the default Chrome browser on them I have had the option to press on the page I want in the bookmarks folder and send the link to the homescreen
This was handy for my bookmarks I use every day
However since the latest update I am unable to do that
There is no option in the menu that comes up.
Is there any way round this?

In my new chrome version 3200.0.1700.99, that option has just appeared. I get to it by pressing menu button while browsing a page. For me on my GS4 running 4.3, this is the new version that came out in the last few days...but may be it's a different version than yours?

Thank you thank you. Missed that. Wish they wouldn't move things!

Upvote 0
In my new chrome version 3200.0.1700.99, that option has just appeared. I get to it by pressing menu button while browsing a page. For me on my GS4 running 4.3, this is the new version that came out in the last few days...but may be it's a different version than yours?

But seems to work on my nexus 7 but not my nexus 4 grrr:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones