• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Calendar app not syncing tasks with outlook correctly

mwchb

Lurker
Jan 11, 2017
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone and am using the built in Calendar app and Email App to sync with Outlook 2010 using Microsoft Exchange Active Sync.

Now I do get my emails, calendar items, and tasks on my phone.

Say I create a new task using Outlook 2010 and then do a sync to my phone, I can see the task on my phone. I then edit the task on my phone by adding more text to the body of the task. Once the phone syncs with outlook and I look up the task in outlook, the text in the body of the task is gone. None of the original text that I wrote using outlook or the text that was added using the phone is there. If I look at the task on my phone again I can see the text in the body. If I type something in the body of the task using outlook 2010 again and let the phone sync, the original text that was on the task is gone replace with what I just type in outlook 2010.

Does anyone know how I can edit tasks on my phone without erasing what was there in outlook?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones