1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android calendar problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andyheer, Feb 11, 2011.

1. andyheer

andyheer Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    The notifications on my calendar are haywire. Quite frequently it will notify of a meeting an hour after the meeting was due to start and then again a few hours later. Sometimes it notifies me 3 or 4 times a minute about a meeting that finished hours ago. On one accasion it woke me up at 1.30 in the morning to tell me about a meeting the previous afternoon.

I thought I would try disabling the notification and use an alternative calendar but when I go into the calendar app and press the menu button nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Had very similar problems on the X8 which is same phone set up. There are no calendar settings to speak of on the stock app. Someone came up with a solution but I have yet to see if it works properly.

Go to your Google calendar on line and choose Settings top right of screen, then Calendar Settings, then choose Calendars and click on Notifications and then Event Reminders and set to No Reminders. The theory is that it won't set up reminders for every event and therefore you won't get rogue notifications going off. The only problem is that this will only affect new events not those already in your calendar.

I use Jorte calendar app on both my phones, much prefer it to the stock one. It's a free one on the market so maybe worth a look at. Got much more customisation as well.

andyheer likes this.