1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Camera Change?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Martyn Ball, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Martyn Ball

Martyn Ball Lurker

Hey, ive noticed for a while now everything seems very shiny and glary on my phones. The quality just seems awful compared to how it used to be?

Using Samsung S10 5G

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Martyn Ball, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have? was this after an update? did you mess around with the camera settings?

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Looks like the pic was taken with a smeary or dirty camera lens. Try cleaning it.

puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Martyn Ball

Martyn Ball Lurker

Been like this for a long time so no idea if it was after an update, not messed with any camera settings.

Samsuns S10 5G, cleaned the lens.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If it's been like that a long time that will make it harder to trace the problem. And I don't know what settings the Samsung S10 camera app has (there is no standard "android" camera app has, but a Samsung will very definitely have a Samsung app), so I don't know whether it's possible to set exposure compensation, saturation, contrast in it (thinking of things which, if mis-set, could mess up images this way).

It's also quite hard to judge from a single image (comparing a few images for common features can help identify some problems). I wouldn't currently like to guess even whether this is hardware or software.