1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Capability

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by libra008, May 20, 2011.

1. libra008

libra008 Lurker

Excuse my total ignorance but I am moving from a PDA where I never used it for Internet to a Smartphone (Incredible S or Desire HD most likely).

I am wondering what the browsing performance will be like with Android if I had Gmail + Yahoo Mail & Messenger + MSN open and listening to music at the same time. Will the browsing be slow or reasonable quick?

Also any info on the clarity of Phone conversations on the HTC Brand would be welcome.

I looked at a couple of Galaxy S phones in the stores but the screens seemed very hesitant to accept my finger scrolling across an Icon whereas the HTC Desire HD seemed to work every time.

Thanks in advance to anyone prepared to help a novice:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

None of the phones will be as good an organizer or as easy to sync as your PDA.
    Using that as a given, read the fora on all the phones you are interested in, go to a store and play with them. If you aren't tied to a carrier, then you have a lot of leeway to find the best for you. (I'm a PDA user)

All of the new phones are very capable, but there can be bad apples in any barrel.

There is a major list of all the phones right here. Spend your time reading about the models you are interested in and ask like you are doing now.

libra008 likes this.
  3. TheBrit

TheBrit Android Expert

Both the phones you mention would do you just fine.

libra008 likes this.
  4. libra008

libra008 Lurker

Thanks very much for your help. Will have to get used to a touch qwerty pad as opposed to hard keys but time does move on. Thanks again:)