1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android Checkbook App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by carson1, Jul 11, 2011.

1. carson1

carson1 Newbie
    None

May 29, 2011
    Can anyone recommend an Android Checkbook App that can sync with a pc app? I tried SplashMoney, which has exactly what I need, the only problem is that the app is a total piece of crap.

I am looking at clearcheckbook, but I'm not to crazy about storing my financial info on somebody's website.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

I use clearcheckbook and like it. You aren't really storing any personal or banking info, it's just a fancy spreadsheet. There are no bank account numbers associated with it, that's what I like about it.

3. carson1

carson1 Newbie
    None

May 29, 2011
    Thanks, but the real problem is something I didn't think about when I posted is that I really want a desktop app. The reason is that I'd rather work on a desktop app when I'm paying bills on line, its easier that on the phone, then when I'm done I can sync the desktop to the android to keep it up to date.
    This is exactly what splashmoney does, the problem is, it is so unstable that it really shouldn't be on the market at all.

Thanks
    Carson

4. Clementine_3

VIP Member

Clearcheckbook does that. You can update on your PC/laptop or phone and it syncs perfectly. I enter info on both and it has never not been an instant sync.
    Or is that not what you are saying? It doesn't tie into your bank/online service...is that what you are looking for, or just a register type app?

5. carson1

carson1 Newbie
    None

May 29, 2011
    Is there a pc component to clearcheckbook, I guess I must have missed that?????

6. Clementine_3

VIP Member

www.clearcheckbook.com
    Set up an account (I use the free one) and sign in to the app with the same info. It did take a bit for the first sync but after that it's fast.

7. carson1

carson1 Newbie
    None

May 29, 2011
    I just found that and will give it a try. Thanks. Have to say that I would still rather have a local desktop app so if anyone else can recommend anything I'd appreciate it.