1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Android Contact app problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aqua225, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Aqua225

Aqua225 New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I recently got a Droid 2, and have been liking it, till today, when I had to manually enter a contact on the phone. I have the latest OTA upgrade.

I found two problems:

(1) Once the Name field goes beyond a certain length, Contacts just edits one entry. I did not attempt a bunch of edits to figure out where the field length trigger for this occurs. However it occurred with two different contacts I wanted to enter, "Capital Ear Nose & Throat Wake Forest" & "Capital Ear Nose & Throat Raleigh". I could start a new contact, but one would just overwrite the other when I clicked save (including the name).

(2) When you task switch with the home button to the browser with a new contact opened, with information in it, and you then switch back to the Contacts app, your new entry is gone!

I won't compare it to other phones, but I am looking a solution or a confirmation this problem has existed forever, and google doesn't plan to fix it.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. infil

infil Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Mechanic
    Staten Island, NY
    I haven't experienced that myself...ive got a number of contacts that start with Crazy Joes xxx xxx xxx related to work and no problems with those..ill play around with that and see if i can come up with something for ya