• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android - Copy and Pasting Photo's - Can it be done?

Jibber

Lurker
Oct 7, 2019
I took some pictures with the Camera. I want to copy and paste them into some emails and some forums and some text messages.

I go to the photo.
I "press" and hold on the photo for a few seconds, and nothing pops up. I'm expecting a "copy/cut" button. Nothing happens.
So, I hit the three dots on the top right and there is a "Copy". I go in there and it asks me what album I want to copy. It won't copy the photo.
I can not find a way to just copy the photo to the clipboard.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

For most apps you can long press the photo within your gallery and click on the share button(3 dots connected by a line). This brings up a menu to choose the app you want to attach the photo to(ie. gmail, whatsapp, etc).

Now if you're visiting a forum within a browser then you can add the photo by using post options within the forum.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, Jibber!
I took some pictures with the Camera. I want to copy and paste them into some emails and some forums and some text messages.
That's generally a function of the apps you mentioned. For example, to add a photo on this forum, you use its 'Upload a file' link. In my email client, I add photos by using its 'attachments' function. Etc.
What am I doing wrong?
See above. :) However, to answer your question about copying/pasting photos, yes, it's definitely possible--I do it all the time. If you tell us what app you're using, that could shed some light on the problem. But keep in mind the above. Copying/pasting is generally done from one location to another; to get a photo into a different app usually involves that app's upload/import/attach feature.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones