1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android - Copy and Pasting Photo's - Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Jibber, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Jibber

Jibber Lurker

I took some pictures with the Camera. I want to copy and paste them into some emails and some forums and some text messages.

I go to the photo.
    I "press" and hold on the photo for a few seconds, and nothing pops up. I'm expecting a "copy/cut" button. Nothing happens.
    So, I hit the three dots on the top right and there is a "Copy". I go in there and it asks me what album I want to copy. It won't copy the photo.
    I can not find a way to just copy the photo to the clipboard.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

2. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

For most apps you can long press the photo within your gallery and click on the share button(3 dots connected by a line). This brings up a menu to choose the app you want to attach the photo to(ie. gmail, whatsapp, etc).

Now if you're visiting a forum within a browser then you can add the photo by using post options within the forum.

ocnbrze and MoodyBlues like this.
  3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Jibber!
    That's generally a function of the apps you mentioned. For example, to add a photo on this forum, you use its 'Upload a file' link. In my email client, I add photos by using its 'attachments' function. Etc.
    See above. :) However, to answer your question about copying/pasting photos, yes, it's definitely possible--I do it all the time. If you tell us what app you're using, that could shed some light on the problem. But keep in mind the above. Copying/pasting is generally done from one location to another; to get a photo into a different app usually involves that app's upload/import/attach feature.

GameTheory likes this.