• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Android Core] - Multiple profile support in Android

Hi fellow Droidians,

I want to know if it is possible to support multiple profiles within Android? To explain my question better, can we have two or more applications, which uses a Data Call, operating simultaneously in Android? For e.g. is it possible to have one IM, one e-mail application and one SNS(like Facebook) operating simultaneously in Android phones?
If yes, I want to know how this is being handled within the Android Stack code. Since the platform code is open source, any suitable reference to any portion of the code handling this behavior would be perfect.

Thanks,
Pritam.

I've no idea of the answer to this, but for better results you might want to try posting your question in a root section of the forum for one of the higher end phones like the Incredible. The people in those forums know more about coding and whatnot. Better yet, you might want to try xda-developers The people there are the real hardcore Android coders.

Android IS Linux based though, it's just a modified version.

Reactions: code060979
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones