• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Data Plan

Well a friend of mine has the first Andriod and she recently bought a new phone. I was wondering if I were use her old andriod could I just activate it under the current plan of voice and unlimited text. Yes I heard that you need a data plan with that phone, but the current phone I have I bought sometime ago. In a recent visit to verizion the exact phone that I have now apparently now has a required data plan, yet I dont pay for the data plan since it was changed during the time I had it. So if I were to use her phone will the data plan still transfer over even though I still wont be using the data plan?

Well a friend of mine has the first Andriod

What do you mean the "first Android"?

And FYI, it's Android, not Andriod...

I was wondering if I were use her old andriod could I just activate it under the current plan of voice and unlimited text. Yes I heard that you need a data plan with that phone, but the current phone I have I bought sometime ago.

It completely depends on the carrier, but if a data plan is required now, it doesnt matter how old the phone is, the plan will be required, as you are activating the phone now.

Upvote 0
In a recent visit to verizion the exact phone that I have now apparently now has a required data plan, yet I dont pay for the data plan since it was changed during the time I had it. So if I were to use her phone will the data plan still transfer over even though I still wont be using the data plan?
Data plans are mandatory for smartphones on Verizon. That's pretty straightforward IMO. If you're not switching phones you might be grandfathered in with your current phone but it won't remain that way if you switch devices. You'll have to choose between the Android device or no data plan.

Well a friend of mine has the first Andriod and she recently bought a new phone.
Do you mean the first Droid? The first Droid wasn't the first Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones