1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Android Developer Console Bug - Total Downloads Frozen

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by ALXTSoftware, Sep 23, 2011.

1. ALXTSoftware

ALXTSoftware Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Hi, I'm an Android developer. A bug on my Developer Console for Android Market has made the the total download count stay frozen for at least two weeks now!!! :mad: Google says this is a "known issue" and they're working on it. Any developers out there having the same issue, or have an idea of how long this will take to get fixed? Any developers out there not having the same issue? Would like to get an idea of how widespread this bug is.

Advertisement

2. waikin7

waikin7 Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    same here. i think loads r affected. been checking around old posts in forums n this happens quite often. BUT this time its taking really darn long to fix it. mine's been stuck since sept 12. google charges us 25 bucks for an account n take a huge share of our profits so i honestly think this issues should b fixed more efficiently. they treat us developers like #$%^.

ALXTSoftware likes this.
  3. ALXTSoftware

ALXTSoftware Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    I just wish they would at least give some updates on what they are doing to solve the problem. This is a big deal for developers. I registered the problem with Google and they said they would keep me posted via email. So far haven't heard a thing about this "known issue". Maybe I should start learning Objective C :(.

4. mills2533

mills2533 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    Colorado (USA)
    I think the total install numbers has been fixed. I've seen the numbers changing daily. It is the active number that looks odd to me. But, there is lots of people who download and delete.

ALXTSoftware likes this.
  5. ALXTSoftware

ALXTSoftware Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    The number has started updating for me too, but is still much lower than what would be indicated by the "Statistics" page. Am I missing something here?

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Hi ALXTSoftware, I've moved your thread to the Developer 101 subforum where Devs talk about their issues :)

ALXTSoftware likes this.