• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Developer Resources and Books

Rottingham

Lurker
Jan 4, 2012
Hello All

I'm a new Android Developer come to find some resources! I should put some of this in the Introductions...but thats ok.

I'm hoping that someone can help point me towards some good resources for developing apps. I've gone through the newb tutorials at developers.android.com and am looking for more.

I have a long background in C/C++, some C# but about 2005 I turned to the web and focused mostly on PHP/MySQL/Javascript. I do alot of custom site/database scripting but wanted to get into mobile app development.

I registered with Apple, paid my $99.00 to be a developer and trailed off. I don't like Apples policies and am now turning to the open source Android platform!

I'm registered here now and at AndroidCommunity.com but the forums there are sparse.

All that being said, could some other developers point me to resources that have helped you learn Android app development well? I don't mind buying books, finding them online, or great online tutorial sites that I can learn more! The Hello Android and HelloTab and the tiny intro into OpenGL just wasn't enough to get me where I could start a real app.

Thanks for any and all help anyone has for me!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones