1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android developer/user

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AppAndArt, Jan 9, 2012.

1. AppAndArt

AppAndArt Lurker
    None

Hi. I decided to try Android App development, and already uploaded few apps on android market. Currently i am working with emulator, and thinking to buy android phone. What device could you suggest?
    What device do you use, do you like it? I think to buy Samsung Galaxy S.

Advertisement

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

As you're a developer, be sure to check out the Android Development - Android Forums sub-forums, as that's where other devs hang out!

As for which phone to go for, my advice would be to get as much Android as you can... some of the lower end devices do not give the same experience as the high end devices. My wife has the Samsung Galaxy S and is quite impressed with it. I have to say, the battery life on here SGS is quite a bit better than on my Desire HD!

Your best bet is to decide on a couple of possibilities for a handset and then try and get to a shop, where you can get a feel for the device... sometimes phones just don't feel right in your hand... I think that my wife's phone isn't as good as mine, as the SGS feels a little plasticy, whereas my DHD is solid!

Hope you find this place useful - good luck chosing the right phone for you!

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Welcome to Android Forum. Thanks for joining. ;)