• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android development nexus one

supersopa

Lurker
May 13, 2011
Hello!
I already tried but have not found anything

I am a happy italian owner of the phone in question, Nexus One, labeled Google U.S.

I know that Android is version 2.3.6 but came to my stop at 2.3.4 and is, going on a special screen of the phone tells me that the system is updated. im obviously connected to the Internet.

can you tell me if it was blocked development, or if you know until they release will be supported?

Thanks!

Hello!
I already tried but have not found anything

I am a happy italian owner of the phone in question, Nexus One, labeled Google U.S.

I know that Android is version 2.3.6 but came to my stop at 2.3.4 and is, going on a special screen of the phone tells me that the system is updated. im obviously connected to the Internet.

can you tell me if it was blocked development, or if you know until they release will be supported?

Thanks!

Hey super, 2.3.4 is the latest software for the Nexus One.

Upvote 0
thanks . Do you know if it is intended to support a continuous or stop to this version? you know something?

2.3.6 was a special update specifically for the Nexus S. There's really know way to know for sure until updates are released.

My guess would be that the Nexus One will continue to be updated as long as it meets the basic hardware requirements. That might include Ice Cream Sandwich, again, depending on requirements.

You can always root and unlock the bootloader to flash an alternate ROM like CyanogenMod 7.

Basically, I wouldn't worry. The Nexus One is a great phone, whether it gets updated further or not.

Upvote 0
For Ice Cream Sandwich it's going to depend on whether or not the hardware can handle it. Google hasn't forgotten about us for this long (except they take forever to come out with the updates) so if there is an update that the N1 can handle then it will probably get it. The N1 has to be the longest support device so far.

The Nexus One is currently the the developer phone for all developers out there. You can still buy them new if you are a dev, or if you just sign up and pay $30 registration fee, so seeing how it's the phone of choice to make sure everything works, it will be supported as long as possible. I've seen a couple posts from users of N1s saying they were just updated to 2.3.6 (the latest being this morning), so maybe a roll out will happen if nobody reports it broke anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones