1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

android device as game controller with nexus 7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nypdauxx, Aug 13, 2012.

1. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Newbie

Has anyone had any luck using there phones as game controllers to play games on the nexus 7? Possibly being able to map it out too play touch based games like order and chaos

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. idic

idic Well-Known Member

Use BTController app. Install on both devices, select one as controller device and the other as device to be controlled, then the first device acts as a keyboard input.

The app comes with several preset gamepad configurations, but they are customisable with the paid version. Well worth it - I've had no issues.

nynvolt likes this.
  3. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Newbie

What about a game like order and chaos or shadow gun, how do you map it for that. I tried btcontroller with no luck I couldn't map controller for my touch based games.

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I'm a fan of using the ps3 controller to play games.

I don't know if it's compatible with your device but check out sixaxis controller

5. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Android Enthusiast

As fascinating as using my Android phone as a controller sounds, I have to jump on the controller wagon.

I just started using a Logitech Dual Action controller which is styled after the PS2 controller, and so far it has just been a matter of setting stuff up in menus with no other software required. Dead Trigger, Shadowgun, and even the home screen seem to respond to it.

6. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Android Enthusiast

Why wouldn't you just buy a PS3 controller for $15 on eBay and use Sixaxis. Seems way more efficient IMO.