• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android device file

for one i'm not a developer. and two i think we need more details as to what you are asking.....as i'm very confused with your post. what exactly do you want to do? what kind of hardware are we talking about?

Sorry. I can provide more details. I’m interested to monitor all resources related to video recording through camera in Pixel 3a with Android 8.0. So to do that, I’m used the Android camera application to record a merely a video. I discovered that although the camera works, there is not any device file in /dev. It is strange. I know that Android handles device as Linux so i should find a device file in /dev that binds driver device(major number) to hardware device (minor number )…

Upvote 0
Sorry. I can provide more details. I’m interested to monitor all resources related to video recording through camera in Pixel 3a with Android 8.0. So to do that, I’m used the Android camera application to record a merely a video. I discovered that although the camera works, there is not any device file in /dev. It is strange. I know that Android handles device as Linux so i should find a device file in /dev that binds driver device(major number) to hardware device (minor number )…

Sorry Lucky I don't know much about phones hardware, I know the basics and find programs to use the internal hardware, if i need too.
My main computer is running Ubuntu and I have installed many different versions of Linux on my computers laptops over the years but none of this will help with your question.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... so there is no /dev file that is connected with the camera's file explorer?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones