1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android Device Manager - No Active Devices

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by EurofighterTy, Aug 15, 2016.

1. EurofighterTy

EurofighterTy Lurker
    None

Hi,

Before provide any steps for troublesshooting let me tell something: Google Support is the worst service ever !!!!!

1. I chated 3 hours with Google Support with the same boring steps and he couldn't fix my issue.
    2. I called Google Support and tried for 30 minutes to explain what is Android Device Manager. He even asked me for the address !!!! WTF ???

So here is the problem: I have 1 phone (Motorola Moto G) and 1 tablet (Lenovo Tab 2) and if I wanna find one of them on Android Device Manager it says no active devices.
    From Google Play on the web I can install apps remotly to my devices without a problem. And also the location history doesn't work for both devices. I have all the options enabled the location services, GPS, location history is on enabled, android device manager is also enabled from settings. I tried to factory reset both devices nothing, delete cache nothing, disable and enable google play services nothing.

Can somebody please help me ?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2012
    Male
    Do you have android device manager installed on the phone and tablet?

3. EurofighterTy

EurofighterTy Lurker
    None

Yes, I have.

4. Parayilhussain

Parayilhussain Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 26, 2015
    Male
    Business
    Cochin
    Dannydet likes this.
  5. Peter J Shepherd

None

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    The problem has got to be someplace in your account settings, probably not in the device. I have two android devices, and I have the same problem with them.. neither of them show up using my primary Google Account, but they do show up when I login them both in with my secondary account. You may want to open a secondary account, and see if you can find them using the Device Manager when logged in to that account, with it's default settings. (Make sure your device is logged into that account, too.) I'd be interested to know your results.