• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Device Manager - No Active Devices

Hi,

Before provide any steps for troublesshooting let me tell something: Google Support is the worst service ever !!!!!

1. I chated 3 hours with Google Support with the same boring steps and he couldn't fix my issue.
2. I called Google Support and tried for 30 minutes to explain what is Android Device Manager. He even asked me for the address !!!! WTF ???

So here is the problem: I have 1 phone (Motorola Moto G) and 1 tablet (Lenovo Tab 2) and if I wanna find one of them on Android Device Manager it says no active devices.
From Google Play on the web I can install apps remotly to my devices without a problem. And also the location history doesn't work for both devices. I have all the options enabled the location services, GPS, location history is on enabled, android device manager is also enabled from settings. I tried to factory reset both devices nothing, delete cache nothing, disable and enable google play services nothing.

Can somebody please help me ?

Attachments

• Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 116
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    180 KB · Views: 284
The problem has got to be someplace in your account settings, probably not in the device. I have two android devices, and I have the same problem with them.. neither of them show up using my primary Google Account, but they do show up when I login them both in with my secondary account. You may want to open a secondary account, and see if you can find them using the Device Manager when logged in to that account, with it's default settings. (Make sure your device is logged into that account, too.) I'd be interested to know your results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones