• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help android device manager ring volume

A

Android Question

when i use android device manager to ring my phone, the phone does not ring at full volume. instead, it rings at whatever i've set the "notifications" volume to, which i normally have muted.

how do i fix this? i have a rooted samsung s6 edge.

There's probably not much point bumping a post on the same day mate. If a user sees your title and thinks it's something he can help with, I'm pretty sure he'll reply.. I do realise though it's only had two views so I don't blame you're impatience.
ADM should really set volume to max so I don't know what your problem is.
Is the app uninstallabe or can updates be uninstalled?
Is it a downloaded app or pre-installed?

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
hi funkylogik, thanks for the reply. i'm not sure if you meant to click on this thread or a different one..i did not same-day bump this, and also it has eighty views as of now (not two).

adm is a part of lollipop. i did not download any app for it. i've been using the web app located at https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager to test it's functionality.

i've not messed around with lollipop's sound settings. what do you mean by 'ALL' and 'Priority'?

Upvote 0
On lollipop, when you touch a volume button, the words None, Priority and ALL appear. I always keep mins on ALL as I'm not sure what the rest do. Maybe if you have yours set on priority it's keeping the volume down for ADM (total guess).
Sorry for accusing you of same day bumping. I have terrible eyes. Also I read the number of replies as views I think so I apologise :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
hmm..this is what i see when i hit a volume button. it looks like samsung decided to replace the none/priority/all stuff with their own thing.

when i set ringtone to mute, notifications and system volume are automatically muted. and adm is using the notifications volume..

K92HBDa6MXizPdwhdsntM8nyefk99J4ZYfZCP8Tx-Mk=w773-h856-no

Upvote 0
when i use android device manager to ring my phone, the phone does not ring at full volume. instead, it rings at whatever i've set the "notifications" volume to, which i normally have muted.

One workaround option is to turn the volume on the notifications up, but select the notification sound as "silent". It still rings when you use android device manager, but you won't get notification beeps.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue, which is what led me to this thread.
Then I seem to have resolved it by simply changing my ring tone. (I was already using a tone that is a standard/came with the phone)
Who knows if it'll stick.
Seems to be working now after a couple test reboots.

I nearly always have all my sounds set all the way down.
And I've confirmed that the ringer rings even when all volume bars are down.
I changed no other settings.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

I jave found the sol

I found a solution for your problem! Just set the notification volume to max while volume is on for ringtone. Then, every time you turn up ringtone volume, it will turn up notificatuon :) hope this helps after all this time!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones