1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

android email

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by cjmorgante, Apr 13, 2012.

1. cjmorgante

cjmorgante Lurker

After looking for info on how to delete my trash email box....i decided to experiment. Looked at the blogs. Then decided to mark emails for delete and scroll down, marking more for delete. I marked about 300 for delete. It took about 15 minutes, but it finally came back to my home page. Next, I marked 500 for delete. It froze up on me. I re-booted my phone. When it came back up, those tagged emails were gone. I did the same thing again. The phone appeared to be locked up again...so I re-booted the phone again.....turned it back on and...........prest-o,
    change-o........my entire trash bin was gone. 6,000 trash emails..........GONE. I have no clue why. Not that I am complaining. However....I am equally sure that this shows that the platform is unstable.

Any comments?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kct1975

kct1975 Android Expert

Note, I am not an expert. I am sure on of the Guides or Mods on this site can provide a better answer, however, I think I might have a reasonable answer.

I think that by rebooting you phone, you forced you Gmail to resync. I am fairly certain that you could have achieved the same results by going to the Accounts Sync Menu and forcing a sync that way.

Just a thought.

alostpacket likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

I'm assuming that you are talking about your gmail account. Unfortunately, I don't see a way of deleting all "trash or spam" mails at once. But I've never had any problems deleting them manually. I've never tried deleting more than (20) twenty items at once.

If your having problems doing so, then you might need to either restart the device or remove and reinsert the battery.

P.s. You could also delete emails via the full version on your device. Either uncheck 'mobile view' on any webpage (menu - more - settings - mobile view), or type in gmail.com inside your browser.

alostpacket likes this.
  4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Some email clients - like Enhanced Email and I think K9 - have 'Select all' and 'Empty trash' functions so you can avoid individual selection of hundreds of emails. If you use them for Gmail instead of the Gmail app it can really simplify things.

alostpacket likes this.