1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Emulator Proxy Issue, strange one

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by ameyjah, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ameyjah

ameyjah Lurker

Hi,

I am using latest android emulator for windows. Platform is 2.0. My host is behind proxy and I need to give proxy in order to connect to internet. So I tried -http-proxy method to connect emulator to internet.

But the problem is, I am only able to browse selected 2-3 websites from android browser. Like wikipedia or msn mobile. For rest, browser do not show page and informs that no network connectivity error.

So I tried debugging by -debug-proxy and got TCP dump. In that I found that, whenever I tried to connect to google, it establishes the connection, exchange few headers, but then just stop in between.

Whereas, if I try to access wikipedia, then connection is established and all data is transferred. and I can see and browse wikipedia .

I am attaching the logs of both test cases, could you please tell me what i am doing wrong. Because it can connect and get the data, then why it is not showing me google.com page, where it can display wikipedia pages.

Note: By setting proxy inside android doesn't work for me. Thats why I choose to go by -http-proxy method.
    PFA logs, which might give you clue.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download