1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android equivalent of an iPod Touch (or iPad Mini)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrDaddyDiamond, Feb 8, 2021.

1. MrDaddyDiamond

I'm looking for a small Android device equipped with Miracast that I can use in my car to cast movies and TV shows onto the rear seat TV's in my new Cadillac Escalade.

Not looking to sign up for a cellular contract with any new device... I just need something with plenty of storage space, that's not too large so it's easy to store in the glove compartment or center console, and it must have miracast, which I guess will be the primary method my kids use to play movies in the back seat.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Quite frankly I don't think there really is much in way of Android media players, that are not phones, like the iPod Touch is to the iPhone. There's things like Sony NW-A55, which is described as an Android Walkman, and I think Archos may do one as well.
    The Sony has no mention of Miracast though.
    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/digital-music-players-nw-nwz-a-series/nw-a55/specifications
    Although I believe Miracast is now been deprecated, and is no longer a feature in new devices.

You may have to use an older smart-phone(without a SIM) to do what you require?