• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Facebook App Alternative Bloo Going Open Source

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
If you are a fan or user of Bloo, an alternative to the official Facebook app for Android, you may be saddened to learn that development for the app has ceased. But there is a silver lining to this news. Due to time commitments working with Logitech on their Google TV endeavors, Dimitris Coutchell, creator [...]

More...

well, that sucks. I had just downloaded the Bloo 1.5 beta the other day & am liking the instant notifications and was looking forward to the Chat. FB allowed me to give Bloo notification permission, but I was just coming to post about the error I was getting when I tried to respond to comments - FB not giving permissions for that.

I really need SocialScope to migrate to Android, rather than BB. Love the Twitter/FB posting and timeline feeds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones