1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android feature I would like to see!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SeekerOfTheWay, Sep 1, 2011.

1. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Android Enthusiast

Having 7 screens is great! However, I would like a way to access them quicker. From the main home screen, add a feature where you can tap 3 times to get to the last screen on the right. Maybe even gestures so I can write 7 and have the screen all the way to the left appear.

Also, add delete all in gmail.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Viper505

Viper505 Newbie

No problem. From the home screen display just tap the "Home" button (lower left corner) and select the screen you want from displayed screen icons. Each icon is a smaller representation of the actual screen and will take you directly to that screen.

3. KLF

KLF Newbie

Or if you are in to gestures, pinch the home screen and it will bring up the 7 screen icons, tap the one you want and you are there.

Yo can also shift the position of each screen when in icon mode, long tap a screen then drag it to where you want it.

4. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I know about that. Seems ghetto, not very elegant. I'll try doing it that way though.

I like my Idea better!

5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Seeker, long time no see ;) You may want to look into different launchers, I think go or launcher pro have a feature close to what you are talking about. I use SPB shell and it has a nice way of allowing you to choose home screens (I am not the most descriptive person so I am not even going to try youtube it :D) but it costs more than what most people want to pay for an app $789.99 err $15.00

Edit: I would like for google to prevent OEM from removing market access on some devices. So far out of the 5 android devices I have owned (down to 2 or 3 depending on how you count :() 2 of them I had to root for market access. Infact I would like to see google implement a rule where you should be allowed to get root easy on any device...but I won't hold my breath

SeekerOfTheWay likes this.
  6. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Android Enthusiast

I use Go Launcher Ex and I have 10 screens :D. I'm a little extra. You can change the gestures to look at all screens. I "pinch" and I can see all ten.

7. Raeli

Raeli Newbie

Using tasker you can set a gesture to change the screen.

As a side note, I use tasker to change to a specific screen when I place my phone in the car dock. I have a screen with all my car related widgets and apps.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews