• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android File Transfer broken by OS X Mavericks

rbd

Sep 24, 2013
Honolulu
Hi all,

Many people seem to be suffering from the fact that AFT no longer works with OS X Mavericks. I have read one posting at http://dailytechnology.net/random/2013/11/07/mac-os-x-maverick-and-android-file-transfer which documents a workaround which has helped many people, but I cannot figure out how to do this on my phone and am curious if I have a knee-capped version of Android installed. The post says to go into Settings -> Storage and access an option drop-down at the top right which gives you access to USB connection settings, which you can then modify to enable MTP. I'll be damned if I see any option drop-down on my Settings -> Storage page -- can someone give me some exceedingly explicit instructions on how to locate this feature? All I see on the Storage display is a listing of storage consumption broken down by category, followed by some SD card info and options at the bottom. There is nothing anywhere about USB settings.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone (SGH-T999L, Android 4.1.2 installed by Samsung and/or T-Mobile).

Thanks!

Welcome to Android Forums.

On my three Motorola phones when the USB cable is connected and I pull down the menu from the top of the screen there is a special USB connection menu. It disappears when the USB cable is disconnected.

... Thom

Hi Thom,

Do you mean when you swipe down from the top of the phone and see the row of icons ranged across the top labeled Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc., with notifications and other status stuff below those icons? I see no USB connections line there whether my phone is plugged into the Mac or not. Also, this screen is accessable at pretty much any time, e.g., from the phone's home screen, so I don't understand why the post to which I referred would instruct readers to first go to Settings -> Storage. Am I looking at the same screen here as you are?

Thanks, Roger

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones