1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Android File Transfer NOW WORKS With A Trick

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rm2092, Sep 22, 2011.

1. rm2092

rm2092 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 28, 2010
    This is on a Mac

Ok start with this link and download the free trial.

The Missing Sync for Android for Mac - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Next go to the Market place and download Missing Sync for Android

Next Launch Missing Sync For Android on your computer

Next Run in Demo Only and run threw the set up mode also for wifi sync and make sure you pair your tablet.

Next I unchecked all the apps in the program on the computer and plug in your USB.

Next Launch Android File Transfer

I'm not sure whats going on here now, I'm doing this on my iMac that does not have Lion on it but I will start the sync on my Tab then abort and WOW Android File Transfer works and mounts the device to drag and drop the files then unplug the USB and your pics and other stuff is there.

I'm going to play with this some more on my MBP with Lion.
    There is something in that Missing Sync program that is making Androind Transfer work for the Galaxy Tab but what not sure ? I hope some one else will play with but it does mount the Tab, I hope I made sense here I was typing all this as I was installing everything.

Advertisement

2. rm2092

rm2092 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 28, 2010
    Ok Back on my iMac that does not have Lion installed, both programs were closed but I did have the app open on my Tab, I plugged in my usb and the Android Transfer mounted my tab. I just loaded a movie and Play GREAT.

3. himupnorth

himupnorth Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2010
    Thanks for sharing your method.

I have tried various ways of mounting my TAB but given that the USB does not charge sufficiently when the TAB is being worked I have opted for a wireless method and have my TAB plugged in to it's mains adaptor.

The Tools I use are:
    Panic Transmit FTP on my Mac (OK you have to pay for this but if you do any FTP stuff on your Mac this is the dogs)
    FTP Server on my Tab (downloaded from Android market for free)

Once FTP server is up and running (just takes a minute or so to configure) I add this location as a favourite in Transmit and add as a mounted drive.

Maybe not as fast (or as secure) as USB transfer but it works and was easier to use than some other methods that were suggested on the forums. It took about 8mins to transfer a 800mb file which is OK unless you are really impatient.