• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android File Transfer USB problems

MarcoPolo

Lurker
Jun 18, 2014
Trying to access Music folder on Note 3 phone to transfer files. I've had the same problem as ∞ other Android users. I can get to the whole list of folders on the phone. I can even open the photo folder and transfer files. But as soon as I click that MUSIC folder, it spins a while and gives the "If your device's screen is locked....blah blah..." It's not locked. It SOMETIMES works. But all too frequently, it won't. Is there a solution? Related to new upgrade?

Welcome to Apple constantly screwing with updates to OS X - play the updates long enough and AFT will stop working altogether - and then maybe come back on another Apple update.

I've been playing this game for 3 years, multiple phones.

Android uses MTP - a Microsoft protocol that OS X doesn't have natively and that Samsung doesn't implement consistently from model to model.

Your best options in my opinion -

A wifi solution, like AirDroid or others.

Use cloud syncing for both your phone and Mac and just let the cloud automation sort it out. Dropbox and Google Drive work. (This is how I do it for the most part anymore.)

Search for any of the paid apps you'll find for the Mac under "Mac MTP" - I hear a number of them are quite good. I don't bother due to the above two working for me.

Use Kies to back up your phone. I don't know. Some people swear by this one so I'm tossing it out there.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones