1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android for Learning?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by LayZmc, Feb 19, 2011.

1. LayZmc

LayZmc Newbie
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Project Manager
    Manchester
    Hi

I work in Learning & Development and have been avidly following the rise in social networking and platforms that support collaboration and connecting people for some time.

What really interests me is how some organisations are now starting to realise that people actually want to communicate with people in a work environment in the same manner that they do outside of work. Without going in to a big speal about social learning and technology (although happy to talk about this if anyone is interested?) I'll cut to the chase.

I have to say I'm amazed at how good the Android OS is and whilst I've see the i-phone and apps etc it's only since getting the Desire HD I've seen how easy it is to get access to apps / widgets and the quality of information at your finger tips.

I see apps as being a big part in 'just in time' learning where people can pull information when and where they need it and how organisations can push / provide information / tool kits to their workforce.

Has anyone seen anything like this in action or have any developers been asked to develop specific apps / widgets for organisations?

Be interested to find out or discuss this more

Mike

Advertisement