• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android "forgets" things

jrtwynam

Lurker
Sep 24, 2011
Hi all,

I did a quick search but didn't find any other posts that describe the problem I'm having.

I got an HTC Desire Z a few months ago, and so far it's great, but I'm having a problem with music on it. Not just the stock music player - I've tried that as well as 2 other ones (Meridian and PowerAMP), and all have the same issue.

When I create a playlist and add songs to it (in any of the 3 afore-mentioned applications), it works fine... for awhile. But later on, that playlist simply disappears with no explanation as to where it went.

When I first got the phone, I created 2 playlists, and those ones (strangely enough) seem to remain there. But, when I add songs to them, those songs will eventually disappear from the playlist, but the playlist itself will stay there. I haven't deleted any of the tracks from the SD card. I have no idea what's different about those 2 playlists versus any of the new ones I try creating.

Also, when I take pics or videos, sometimes they don't appear in the gallery, yet when I connect the phone to my computer I can see them on the SD card. At some point, they may show up in the gallery, and then at some other point they may disappear again.

Does anyone else have these problems?

Thanks for any help.

I have the same problem on by HTC G2. Other people are having the same issue since upgrading to 2.3.4... seems the phone loses sync with the SD card sometimes so new items don't show up.

Yeah that's what it seems like sometimes, but another strange thing is that I've even manually deleted the 2 playlists that I originally created, yet they keep coming back. How can the phone display something that no longer exists?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones