1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android forum app developing

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Neurodroid, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Neurodroid

Neurodroid Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    Im looking to make an app for my gaming community that will have an integrated forum that will reflect everything on the website. Im learning the programming languages now I need to know what all I need to do in order to create a bad @$$ app for my guild. can anyone provide me with a checklist or map out what all I will need to do in terms of code layering?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Before you learn languages to program in, you need to learn programming itself. Start with Algorithms and Data Structures Wirth is the best way to learn programming. (He's the man who invented Pascal, Ada, Modula2 and a few other mainstays of programming.)

Then learn the Android environment, the differences between versions, how Android programming differs from, say, Windows programming.

Learning to be an app developer isn't a "between semesters" project, it's a "many semesters" project.

Or you can be like a lot of other Android developers and learn just enough to produce an app that kinda-sorta works.

3. Neurodroid

Neurodroid Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    Im teaching myself a lot in dealing with this.
    I can do basics and have experience with python. What I mainly need to know is how an integrated forum app works. I have no experience with them at all and do not really knkw where to start.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Don't know if you could study how Tapatalk or Forum Runner works. Those are popular apps that integrate into forums.

If you're looking to write an integrated forum into your app itself, think there's plenty of open source forum code out there, you can study and possibly use.

"guild" are you playing Warcraft or something?

5. Neurodroid

Neurodroid Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    Final fantasy. Guild might work although they are called free companies