1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android forums is convuluted.....

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by Dannydet, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Is this happening to everyone right now?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Dannydet, Jul 22, 2019 (1 points)
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, seems to be broken.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

5. Dannydet

Yep. All I know is that I'm seeing the device names and their sub- forums instead of new threads like it used to be.

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Phew! What relief, I was wondering if I was starting to see weird things again. I thought all those drugs I took in the early 80's finally caught up with me.

Dannydet likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Okay so im not here to say it was a wrong decision but why am i being tooken to the brand choose page instead of the old way where you see what's newlt been posted?

Is it to prevent scammer and spammers from getting their posts much attention?

Is it because of a new direction?

Keep in mind the old way was better because yes it shiws the majot brands but not all like Google is a main brand etc and the page looks like someone really didnt care about how confusing it is to find what your looking for also it aslo got posts attention because people were able to see it and respond to it, ao what if a post never gets seen then it leaves the community in doubt either if AF is worth spending more time to figure out where is what and what is where see my problem,im fine with changes but making a page much simpler makes it a A+ for me and everyone

Im really confused lol

#6 Deleted User, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2019
    bcrichster and ocnbrze like this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Lol i was upset casue im like what the f#!k is my phone broken lol

Unforgiven and Dannydet like this.
  9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah i
    hate it as well. i hope it is just a bug or they are working on something. i really like the old way. it really makes helping members easier as their threads and posts are more visible.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

yeah I didn't want to seem like a whiner, but I wondered what happened to the page showing new/unread posts.

Unforgiven and Dannydet like this.
  11. n0tall0wed

n0tall0wed Android Enthusiast

Still appears normal on Tapatalk.

12. Yes it's ok on Tapatalk but buggered when using a browser. Custom views don't work, only the main page with the entire forum list shows up.

Dannydet likes this.
  13. bcrichster and ocnbrze like this.
  14. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Nope. Don't like it.

bcrichster and Unforgiven like this.
  15. Dannydet

Please fix what wasn't broken.
    I'll be contemplating whether or not to stay on this forum, which is one of the best, but this latest look/view is beyond anything I've ever seen.
    The ui doesn't work at all, on any mobile browser.

Deleted User, svim, tube517 and 2 others like this.
  16. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I been complaining too.. Issue started last night, I think

Jfalls63, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  17. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

I'm managing OK at the moment thanks to @kate's post. Usually I alternate between 'Forum Games' and 'Recent Posts' so I copied the 'recent' link and paste it when I've finished in 'Forum Games' :), but it had better be only temporary!!.

#16 tommo47, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  18. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Luckily I bookmarked the New Posts page and always click on that.

19. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

I've gotten/seen a lot of complaints that people are finding it impossible to find the forums they want which is why I swapped the homepage to be the browse page. We're working on adding sections for Google and some others that should make browsing easier. Hoping to add a few small widgets for top content as well.

The "News" link at the top was just replaced with "What's New" which has all the new posts that were formerly on the homepage. This makes things easier for 1st time visitors and an extra click for current members. I'm thinking we could have an option for members to be automatically routed to "What's New" if it's really that big of a PITA.

Steven58, Dannydet, ocnbrze and 6 others like this.
  20. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I think the link on the header is a fair enough compromise. Thanks for the update.

Dannydet likes this.
  21. Can we get back the "quick links" dropdown? I always left it on Favorites so I would see only a list of posts in those sections but I can't do that now.

Dannydet likes this.
  22. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

the what's new section works.. but when trying to move to page 2, it doesn't display page 2 :(

Rob likes this.
  23. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

So you mean "New in Favorites"?

24. It was just "Favorites" in the Quick Links. Gave a list of most recent posts filtered to only my favorite forums. For me that was the preferred default view but now it's not available.
    Selecting Favorites from the left-side drop-down only gives a grid of forum links.

25. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Are you talking about clicking this ( upload_2019-7-23_17-10-0.png ) on the bottom right of the screen and getting this menu?
    upload_2019-7-23_17-10-55.png

26. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Just tested and it worked going to page 2.

It shows up for me when viewing https://androidforums.com/whats-new/

Do you see it there @Fox Mulder?

1.jpg

psionandy and svim like this.