1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android Gallery Video Sort Order

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jasonlyle88, May 1, 2012.

1. jasonlyle88

jasonlyle88 Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Hey guys, I'm on a Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0.2. Does any one know what the sort order is for videos in the camera folder in the android Gallery? I am restoring photos/videos from an old phone to my new phone and want to place them all in the camera folder since i did take them with my camera phone (just my old phone). So, i figured out that with images, it uses the date taken exif data to sort the images. However, I can't seem to find what criteria the program uses for sorting videos in the camera folder.

I did an adb pull of a video i had taken on this new phone, renamed it, then did an adb push and the file was put at the begining of the list... even though it has the same file data as the other video. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hi, jasonlyle88.

Hopefully the kind folks over @ your device's support area can help you out with this one.

Thread moved. :)

3. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    Male
    Phila, PA
    It appears to be displayed newest first by the date/time stamp. I have a couple of pictures that were taken through an app that have a Dec 1969 date and appear last in the gallery (but by filename appear first in the directory). I also just transferred a pic from my Digital Camera to my phone and it appeared right where it should in the gallery based on date/time.

Just know that the gallery sorts photos and videos together by date and time, it doesn't separate them into photos / videos.

Tags: