• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Gmail App NOT SYNCING DRAFTS

aenick99

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
Starting some time within the last few days (appx. 8/31/10) drafts created within the Gmail web interface (whether on your PC/Mac or using the browser on your Android device) are no longer being pushed to the Drafts label within the Gmail app on your Android device !!!

This is a major issue !

See the following thread:

Drafts created and saved in Gmail on PC (using Chrome) no longer appear within Drafts (label) in Gmail app on Droid X - Google Mobile Help

Please add comments there and star this issue so that Google addresses this ASAP !

thanks

Ironically, I just noticed trying to updating my Gmail app manually.
I downloaded the file and created a draft with a file attachment from PC, then I tried to grab it on my phone, but it wasn't there. Wait/refreshing didn't help. I am pretty sure it worked before since I do this quite often. Weird...

When I go to labels, it shows there is a draft, but when I open the folder it won't show me anything. Furthermore, if I choose to see all mails it is there as a draft with the subject and all, but I cannot open it!!

Upvote 0
Drafts created using the Gmail web interface are SUPPOSED to show up in the Drafts label in your Android Gmail app and be automatically synced. This is the way it always worked and the way it was designed to work. It only stopped working about 3-4 days ago. Google has already "acknowledged" the issue (see the thread referenced in my first post).
I think this is a MAJOR issue and one that should be fixed ASAP -- Kind of surprised at the lack of response by users to this problem.
You start composing an email on your PC -- don't send it -- and save it -- thinking you'll finish it later and send it from your phone -- NOW it isn't possible (except by having to use the browser) -- Or you take some notes and save it as a draft in Gmail -- so you can later access it on your phone (tons of people use Gmail drafts as a notepad) -- Well, NOW YOU CAN'T !!
This really should be fixed -- so please, people, let Google know

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones