• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android, Google, or Phone Problem?

vernod

Lurker
Jul 12, 2011
Hi,

I recently bought an HTC Wildfire S. I used my gmail account and set it up so that my gmail, calendar, and contacts would sync (gmail automatic and the others manual when I needed to). All worked well. Then a few days later, nothing was syncing and every time I tried to press sync, nothing happened and it just would not sync no matter what.

I then did a factory reset (very painful experience having to reload everything) and after adding my gmail account, everything worked well for a few days, and then the same problem - no syncing. However, the other email app on the phone is able to recieve/send my gmail without any problem.

Is this an issue people are having with google/android, or is it my phone? I would never have thought that syncing gmail with android would be so painful considering google developed both!

Vern

No, I only started the other email sync after the google sync stopped working, so it can't be that. I have also tried to sync calendar separately, contacts separately, gmail separately, all together, etc. and nothing works.

On top of this, I deleted all my contacts while trying to fix the sync issue. I wanted to restore it from my outlook using HTC Sync, but even that does not work for some reason.

I was going to buy another android phone, but I think I may have to reconsider!

Upvote 0
Google sync issues resolved (gmail, contacts, calendar). Apparently, I had very little memory available on the phone, so when I freed it up, the sync started.

But would still appreciate some help on the HTC Sync. When I launch it on my computer and connect the phone, I get a message on my phone that says it cant find HTC Sync on my PC. But its there! I unistalled and reinstalled and still no difference...

Upvote 0
I also have this phone, and i think its great one!

the same happens to me when my free memory is running low. make sure you have more than 20 mb free. move what ever can be moved to the SD, a good app to use is APP 2 SD. hopefully by the end of august we could re-ROM our phone easily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones