1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Android GSM phone with front facing cam?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by harisund, Jul 1, 2010.

1. harisund

harisund Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Hey Guys

I am currently using an e71, a phone Nokia released back in 2008. I am looking to upgrade to an Android phone, and here are some of my requirements -

I am on AT&T and can not switch. However, all the phones I have used, include my current e71 are unlocked. I can not bear to see my phone locked down by AT&T with all their custom crap. Therefore the phone should work on AT&T 3G bands here in the US and should be available unlocked.

It should have a front facing camera. I use Fring on my e71 and video chat with my parents all the time over both 3.5G and wifi, and I LOVE it. This is by the far the only feature holding me back.

I would prefer a physical qwerty like the e71 but a virtual one is ok too, but the camera is a must.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    How about the dell streak? supposedly it will be available unlocked, with att's bands, and it will have a front facing camara.. and yeah fring is available on android i have it on my nexus one.

3. Nex_1

Nex_1 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    In Earth , Obviously
    GSM Android phone W/ Front camera = Samsung I9000 Galaxy S / Milestone XT720 (not sure about that one though)

4. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Student
    Sugar Land, TX
    None which I know of that will work with AT&T 3G bands atm.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

5. harisund

harisund Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Exactly !!! :(

It's just funny that Fring would develop video chat for Android, but there isn't a whole lot of hardware that could benefit from it.

If I can get Android onto my Nokia e71, that would be the ultimate dream come true EVER. I guess I can settle for a smaller dream come true when the iPhone4 allows Fring to use its front facing cam.

6. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

The Euro Galaxy S (which has an ffc) will work on AT&T's 1900MHz 3G bands. The caveat is that AT&T've been doing a bunch of 850MHz roll-outs, so it may not work everywhere.