• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help android gurus

nims

Jan 21, 2009
Hello people.

Ive had this question on my mind for a while but i always forget to post it. Is there any way, that we can put a lock on our sms application so that no one could access it unless they input a code or use a pattern or something? also with pics, is this doable? or are our texts and pictures open to whoever gets their hands on our beloved g1?:(

You can set the unlock code for the phone with the unlock pattern which locks the WHOLE phone out, probably your best bet :)

It is quite easy to break though as you can see the finger smudges on the screen that tells you the lock pattern.

To enable it, go Settings -> Security And Local -> Pattern Unlock

Not entirely true on the smudges. Are those smudges portrait or landscape smudges? Which direction are they going? And what person likes looking at a smudged screen? I wipe mine off all the time, and try not to use my phone with dirty hands.

Upvote 0
You can set the unlock code for the phone with the unlock pattern which locks the WHOLE phone out, probably your best bet :)

It is quite easy to break though as you can see the finger smudges on the screen that tells you the lock pattern.

To enable it, go Settings -> Security And Local -> Pattern Unlock

well i have that covered, but the issue on hand is when someone for example asks you for your phone to make a call..youre willingly giving them your phone ( friend, cousin, etc) and as so, the code doesnt apply, because they are going to be dialing, so isnt there a lock for the inbox? simple phones have that..i remember my motorolla and the samsung, allowed passwords for just about everything..so you could use my phone and make calls, but you cant acess my pictures or messages. i figured if simple phones have that, why not android. if not, well this sucks. someone should make a security app that provides that. id pay for it up to 10 bucks. seriously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones