• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android Help.

prebenbro

Lurker
Jul 10, 2013
Hello friends.

I dream about making my own android application, but when i get to it it's not that simple, for me it is really hard. I feel like i cannot concentrate and im not learning anything.

I have downloaded a few ebooks and watched a couple of YouTube tutorials online.

I have downloaded Eclipse and installed android SDK but i have no clue what i am doing.

I just want to create a very simple app to view wallpapers or pictures, i know it have already have been made, but that doesn't bother me.

Also i can't get the android emulator to run, and when i try to run my project i get this error.

puu.sh/3znC4.png

I could really need some help over skype if anyone is willing to help me. I'm not a quick learner.

Why must everything be so hard. :(

If it was easy everybody would be doing it...

i know you don't want to hear it, but you gotta start with the simple "hello world app".

All it does is show "hello world" on your screen. boring and useless, but its not. start small and work your way up. then in a couple months you'll be like "oh wow this is easy".

go here Building Your First App | Android Developers

some people learn by watching, some by reading, and some by doing. Figure out which one you are and do that.

also, it is much easier and quicker to try it on your phone than using an emulator. I never used that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones