• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Icon when Receiving Calls

nitty

Lurker
May 3, 2010
Hi all,

Is there any way to change the default android icon that pops up when you receive a call? I know you can add pictures to the contact and get that to show up. But is there any way to load another "default" icon? Thanks.

On another note, this forum has been great. The incredible is my first smartphone and I've had it for about a week. This forum has been a great resource to get me going. Thanks to all the contributors.

I'm sure you'd be able to change this easily if your phone was rooted. The android picture is likely just a picture file somewhere on the phone that you could replace with something else. Once someone figures out how to gain root access to the Incredible, you'll be able to alter any of the system files on the phone (if you're a bit adventurous and decide to root your phone). Read some of the threads on rooting if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I also like the android guy though; wouldn't want to replace it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones