• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android in a corporate environment

Fastblack

Lurker
Aug 28, 2010
I was able to get a Droid Incredible out of my place of work to use for business. I am an IT guy and am looking for some specific things.

1st Exchange support. I have flashed my incredible to cm6 to get rid of sense because I like vanilla android better. This however brings the problem of losing my GAL support through the Sense email/people apps. Is there any app out there that will get this back? I have found Touchdown, and its ok, but I really dislike the fact that I have to input a pin after 5 minutes of not being in e-mail, and it doesnt really integrate itself into android. I was able to find hacked mail apks for both stock android and the email sense app. But with the stock mail app I still lose out on the GAL. And the sense email app is... ugly. Also is it possible to setup a shared mailbox like I can do in outlook? I have an iPhone 4 as my personal phone and its just much better as far as exchange support goes. Any suggestions here would be great.

Second is setting up VPN to work with cisco ipsec protocol. I cant seem to find out how to set this up, though I have read it requires rooting, which I have done.

Thanks for your input.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones