• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android is upgrading...

OK, so I was toying around with my developer options on my LG G PAD 7.0 LTE, and I went across come thing that has to do with ART, (I forgot what it exactly was, it happened some time ago.) and now, my tabelt is only staying on Android is upgrading... Optimizing app 1 of 2. It has stayed that way for a really long time. I can't do anything at all besides shut down the tablet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

ART is Android Run Time. It replaced Dalvik as the run-time compiler. By switching to ART you've asked that all your apps be recompiled for ART which can take a really long time (hours, depending on how many apps you have.)

My recommendation is plug it into a power source and let it keep going. Shutting it off in the middle could have serious consequences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones