• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Keyboard/Accelerometer fail

skidrow

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
Romania
Hey all...I have this device: Vodafone 858 Smart (Huawei U8160) Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Smartphone, Tablet, Netbook, PDA, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications Database .

After 2 hard resets, my keyboard refuses to go from portrait to landscape mode when i'm textin or searchin' on the internet [i kno' bout the home screen thingy, but this is something else]. also, my camera is turnt upside down, aswell as the "final" photos...
I'm not that good at debuggin' my device, so that's why I need ur help.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

It sounds as though the sensor used to decide which direction the phone is appears to be broken.

A factory reset should sort that, but if you're saying you've done that twice, then it's probably a hardware issue in which case it would need replaced or repaired.

I take it factory reset is what you mean when you say hard reset, or do you mean you've just turned it off and pulled the battery out?

Upvote 0
It sounds as though the sensor used to decide which direction the phone is appears to be broken.

A factory reset should sort that, but if you're saying you've done that twice, then it's probably a hardware issue in which case it would need replaced or repaired.

I take it factory reset is what you mean when you say hard reset, or do you mean you've just turned it off and pulled the battery out?
Yes, hard reset = factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones