1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android keyboards

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Asdrual, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Asdrual

Asdrual Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    So i have a quick question and observation I currently own a iPhone and an android and have noticed something in terms of landscape keyboards. In iPhone on Any app the keyboard appears but you can still navigate through the browser or page and wright while still on the page. On android when in the landscape keyboard when you what to write something It does this thing of "boxing" it and you can't see the rest of the page your on and on the side a send or done button appears . I find this annoying since android is so custom is there a program or app so the keyboard in landscape mode does what ios does ?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    Unfortunately I can't answer that simply because I don't know what the iphone looks like when typing a message.

3. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    I think my stock htc keyboard did this in landscape mode if you're saying what I think you are, but I'm using the market gingerbread keyboard now and I can move around a webpage (the little bit I can see) I can select different text input fields, click buttons and stuff with the kbd up and in landscape.

edit: but it's not like this for every app. I was just editing the properties of a saved connectbot session in landscape. try to edit hostname and it brings up the kbd with a box to only type hostname, cant see connectbot itself anymore. If I want to edit the user or pw for that saved session I have to close the kbd and tap the username or pw field and it pops kbd up again.

4. Asdrual

Asdrual Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    here to illustrate this better i have photograph.

this is the android keyboard in landscape mode
    [​IMG]

and this the iphone keyboard [​IMG]

what I want is to get the rid of the send box on the right and have it with in the keyboard like the iphone one. so i can still see the web page that I am working on and not have to back out every time i ned to go over something

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I would depend on the keyboard installed. When you go to menu>settings>locale and text, you will see what keyboard you have installed and the settings for it. On my preinstalled Samsung keyboard, there is no way to toggle that fullscreen landscape mode for the keyboard. However on Go Keyboard, which I am using, there is an option to do so, so that it would appear as the iPhone keyboard would.