1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android - Kindle relationship?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimbo78255, May 22, 2011.

1. jimbo78255

jimbo78255 Newbie

Hi, can anyone help me understand the relationship of a Kindle to the market and the other Android world? I am considering purchasing the Kindle ad-supported and I hear it is 1000% better for reading a book. I will likely do that for my wife, but for me, I am more of an Android user (droid 2 and loving it) and I am considering a lower end tablet with the Kindle software for myself to do reading - and maintain market access and other apps.

Am I way off on either of these thoughts? Please share experiences.

BTW, I am only interested in Wifi, not 3G or 4G.

TIA!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert

ViewSonic g-tablet with Kindle app. That's what I'd recommend. Infinitely more flexible than a dumb kindle device.

3. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert

While I get the allure of a more functional tablet running the kindle app, I prefer the e-ink display of the kindle itself when it comes to any serious reading. I use the app on my phone here and there such as in waiting rooms, but the display is just not as easy on the eyes. Obviously this is all a matter of personal taste.

4. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Agreed. The phone has a smaller screen. It's got glare on it. The display is not even close to being comparable to the Kindle in terms of just reading. It depends on what you want really. If you want something that's the best reader on the market, go with the Kindle. If you're willing to sacrifice some of that reading ability, go with a tablet. Be aware that no Android device on the planet is going to touch the Kindle in terms of battery life or even come close to it.

5. jimbo78255

jimbo78255 Newbie

Thanks to all your inputs. I probably am leaning now toward the ad-driven kindle.... :)