• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Live Scores

We're working on the widget bug - it's a data issue on the server.

FYI - we're also pushing out a patch release to migrate the users over to a new server. All old versions of Live Scores will cease to work after Jan 17th.

hopefully there will be a few other fixes as well, some of the biggest ones. the football linescore not updating as points are scored.

and the nhl plays bug. where when the games go final, you can only see the 1st period plays.

:) just a friendly reminder, that is, if you can get to the bigger problems before release

Upvote 0
the nhl plays bug is another server issue. Hopefully when this rollout is complete both the Loading bug on the widget and the plays tab in NHL will be fixed.

hopefully there will be a few other fixes as well, some of the biggest ones. the football linescore not updating as points are scored.

and the nhl plays bug. where when the games go final, you can only see the 1st period plays.

:) just a friendly reminder, that is, if you can get to the bigger problems before release

Upvote 0

The goal of this release is just to get the app to point at the new servers. Due to the holidays and sniffles this release wont include much in the manner of feature or bug fix.

Sorry if we got your hopes up, but this is a super important release - without it the app will not function.

Upvote 0
The goal of this release is just to get the app to point at the new servers. Due to the holidays and sniffles this release wont include much in the manner of feature or bug fix.

Sorry if we got your hopes up, but this is a super important release - without it the app will not function.

I installed the update, but i see a new issue with the widget. For the NHL team i have set as a favorite (San Jose Sharks), the game that the widget shows is dated 11/25 (obviously 1.5 months in the past). The other teams show up fine however. Is this a server issue?

Also, i see in the widget the team icon is extremely large for the winning team. Is this a new feature? It would be nice to disable as i think it looked much better before when the team icons were the same size. On the widget you are looking at one game at a time so i don't think it's too hard to figure out who won.

Thanks!

Reactions: aarontharris
Upvote 0
I installed the update, but i see a new issue with the widget. For the NHL team i have set as a favorite (San Jose Sharks), the game that the widget shows is dated 11/25 (obviously 1.5 months in the past). The other teams show up fine however. Is this a server issue?

Also, i see in the widget the team icon is extremely large for the winning team. Is this a new feature? It would be nice to disable as i think it looked much better before when the team icons were the same size. On the widget you are looking at one game at a time so i don't think it's too hard to figure out who won.

Thanks!

i also saw the same thing, but for the flyers. however, it was only up until game time. then it changed to what it should be. if it still didnt for you though, then delete just the widget and re-add it to your homescreen. hopefully it helps you out.

btw devs, the widget stayed up to score with the game tonight. i guess the test will be tomorrow when its up all day, waiting for gametime tomorrow night. ill be sure to keep ya updated.

Upvote 0

Thanks!

Both are bugs. The server issue is a known bug, we're fixing it now and it won't require an app update. The larger image is new to me. We'll have to take a look. What was the team that had the large image?

Upvote 0
Has anyone had problems installing the new version? I have tried installing it 20+ times, rebooted, etc. It downloads the file and says "installation unsuccessful" in the notification bar and then an installation error pops up showing "unknown error - 18". Any thoughts? (I am running 2.2 on a HTC Desire).

Edit: looks like it was an issue with the SD card, I had to unmount it, install, mount it and move the app to the SD card.

Upvote 0
Here is an example of the issue with the huge logo for the team listed in top:

snap20110114_064228.png

Upvote 0
Do you think you could you add to the list the option to have a team disappear from the widget when their off season comes around, then reappear near the beginning of the next season? If they can't disappear/reappear, could it possibly stop displaying the score from the last game of last season and switch to displaying the date of the next season opener?

My reason for this: I know the Packers beat the Eagles (< 1 week ago), the Giants beat the Phillies (3 months ago) and Florida beat Penn State (2 weeks ago) to end each of their respective seasons, but I don't want to see that every time I look at my phone... It is really starting to depress me. I need a hug. :(

Upvote 0
My reason for this: I know the Packers beat the Eagles (< 1 week ago), the Giants beat the Phillies (3 months ago) and Florida beat Penn State (2 weeks ago) to end each of their respective seasons, but I don't want to see that every time I look at my phone... It is really starting to depress me. I need a hug. :(
+1!!!

Every time I flip around and see the Giants score and what could have been, I get annoyed. Time to turn the page and move on.

Upvote 0
+1!!!

Every time I flip around and see the Giants score and what could have been, I get annoyed. Time to turn the page and move on.

Same here, however i don't mind as much since i'm from the Bay Area :D

Or maybe just an option to remove teams from the widget without having to actually remove the widget, then reloading a new widget without those teams.

Upvote 0
Same here, however i don't mind as much since i'm from the Bay Area :D

Or maybe just an option to remove teams from the widget without having to actually remove the widget, then reloading a new widget without those teams.

i agree completely with both of you guys.

you bring up a good point. there needs to be an option within the app settings itself to set up your widget teams.

Upvote 0
Do you think you could you add to the list the option to have a team disappear from the widget when their off season comes around, then reappear near the beginning of the next season? If they can't disappear/reappear, could it possibly stop displaying the score from the last game of last season and switch to displaying the date of the next season opener?

You're right we should be doing this, I'll create a bug.

Upvote 0
bug (I think): when I enter a game it has pre selected the team I think is going to win based on teams I had previously selected. Just because I picked a team to win a game doesn't automatically mean I think they will win every game and it doesn't allow me to switch.

Also, can someone explain to me exactly what the checkin feature is for?

Any eta on the next update?

Upvote 0
for what it may help...

last night the widget was updating until about 1 minute left in the 1st period of the flyers vs capitals game. it didnt update the entire 2nd period, but towards the end of the 3rd, i noticed it updating again. and it was fine for tonights sixers game.

however, for tonights' sixers game, i did not get a single alert. i DID update to the new version that was pushed earlier today about 5 hours before the game even started. and i know i had the alerts checked.

i will try uninstalling and re installing to see if that works. im going to the flyers game tomorrow night so well see how far behind real-time the alerts are. ;) haha.

Upvote 0
You guys have probably noticed the update by now, I didn't announce it formally because it was really just a patch to aid us in the server migration going on over here.

I've heard from other sources that alerts don't seem to be working, we're verifying this now and will be looking into it further. Hopefully this is a result of the migration and an update to the app wont be necessary.

More on this later sorry for the quirks!

Upvote 0
bug (I think): when I enter a game it has pre selected the team I think is going to win based on teams I had previously selected. Just because I picked a team to win a game doesn't automatically mean I think they will win every game and it doesn't allow me to switch.

Also, can someone explain to me exactly what the checkin feature is for?

Any eta on the next update?

I think you're talking about the "picks" feature. It shouldn't be picking any games for you. Only games you've picked yourself. Might you have accidentally picked a team? Let me know if this persists, we'll look into it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones