• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android lock screen not working?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have an HTC Rhyme by Verizon Wireless. My lock screen before you used to have to move a little circle and then enter the pass code to get it work when you press the unlock button. Sometimes lately I've pressed the unlock button, there has been no lock screen showing up and no pass code at all. Can somebody tell me what is wrong with my phone? I have went through and checked the settings and reset the pass code but it keeps doing this! It is very annoying!

Put in the passcode. Verify it. Save it. (Or Continue, depending on the version.) Restart the phone.

Check the lockscreen timeout - it's usually a lot longer than the screen timeout. My screen, for instance, times out in 30 seconds. If I turn it on in the next 9 minutes and 30 seconds, it's just a swipe on the lockscreen. After 10 minutes of screen off I have to enter the passcode. You can change the time for either or both in Settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones