• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Lock screen time out

Dave784

Aug 5, 2021
Hi All

We just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 tablet for my wife. We only have one android phone and she rarely if ever uses it so she is still trying to learn how to use the tablet and such. Being that's the case when she logs in she's still trying to get the swipe right and such and sometimes misses it before the lock screen times out and turns off the display.

is there any way to extend the display time out on the lock screen?

Not talking about once logged in that I have set for 5 minute time out on purpose being she is still learning so will turn that down later when she is more use to the device but for the lock screen can the time out time be extended even if by a few seconds just to give her more time to interact with the screen?

Thanks
Dave

swiping to unlock does not have to be on a specific part of the screen. you can swipe anywhere on the screen.once the display detects a finger press, swipe that finger across the screen and you should be unlocked. and i do not think that it has to be in a specific direction. any swipe with a finger across the screen should work.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Sorry didn't ask that I asked if there was a way to extend the display time out where the screen turns off as sometimes she tries to swipe the screen and fails so the screen turns off after X amount of seconds much like the main home page screen does if left untouched. In device I changed it to 5 minutes for the time being but is there a way to extend the time out on the lock screen before the screen shuts off. Right now seems to be maybe 5 seconds or so before the screen shuts off on the lock screen so would like to extend that to 10 or 15 or even 20 seconds so she has time to get use to the swipe without the screen constantly turning off after a few seconds.

Upvote 0
well she's on a face recognition but in order to get that she has to swipe the screen and she doesn't quite have the knack yet. She'll get it with practice so was just looking to give her some help with regards to the shut off time but if it's not possible......
yeah i do not see a way to do it. it just takes practice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones