1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android lollipop 5.1.1 screen recording API?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by thehedgedog, Jan 22, 2016.

1. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

Hey all, I've got a fairly decent and maybe even weird question for you; Is it possible that an android device doesn't support screen recording, although its version is 5.0+? The thing is, I got an android device - Huawei Ascend Y560-L01 and it has android lollipop 5.1.1. Now, there are lots of articles about screen recording for lollipop, but none about not being able to record at all, is it just me or is anyone else experiencing it? Is it fixable? I've tried using official Lollipop screen recorder on Google play, with no results. Same for Mobizen - it just simply won't work. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated since I am losing my mind here, trying to figure out why my android is like that.
    I will add some pictures about my android if it helps.
    tmp_10044-IMG_20160122_232631183210698.png tmp_10044-IMG_20160122_232614176845574.png

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Yes. Android is open source. Manufacturers are free to make alterations, especially in cases of low end phones with weak hardware like yours. It may not be able to properly do screen recording with just those specs.

4. x432hz

x432hz Android Enthusiast

5. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

Forgot to say that my device isn't rooted, if it was to be rooted then I wouldn't be coming here, I mean, maybe my device can't record screen because it lacks permissions but I'm still thinking that my android is incompatible with this API :/ that apps2SD app seems to be for rooted people only.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You can try Mobizen. I remember it can do screen recording, but you need a PC for it. It can get around hardware limitations that way.

7. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

Yeah.. I have tried that already and it didn't work , mobizen disconnects my device as soon as it is connected to the PC. Same for app - it goes to booster mode and displays that it is connected to my PC, but the app just closes automatically saying "Mobizen has stopped working".

8. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

I have been trying to get to the cause and I think I've found it.. Although I have no idea what it means. I tried this screen recording app and this is the result I got by trying to record. Can someone look up the pictures? tmp_26144-IMG_20160125_165917778363491.png tmp_26144-IMG_20160125_165843-1203311229.png

9. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

10. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

Did you do what that screen said?

11. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

If you mean the second picture where it says "You pressed no/cancel", then no, it came after the first picture, thought I would just get as much information as possible for you folks to solve.

12. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

No, the one where it says to contact the developers.

13. thehedgedog

thehedgedog Newbie

app developers? I have contacted many of them but most of them are just not replying or either they don't know a thing. If you mean Huawei itself personally then I haven't done that yet.